LEONI develops and produces a wide range of fiber optic cables made from all common optical fiber materials, including glass (single mode and multimode), plastic (POF), plastic clad fibers (PCF), and large-core fibers (silica/silica) for a wide variety of medical applications.
All fibers can be relied upon to transmit data at high rates over long distances in electromagnetic compatibility (EMC)-secure, robust, compact and lightweight configurations. We also supply high-performance fiber optics, fiber optic cables, and medical fiber optics in radiation-resistant versions for data and signal transmission in medical devices.
Need a custom fiber optic cable or assembly? LEONI can manufacture different fiber optic cable designs for you, from central core cables to breakout cables with any fiber materials, including inner and outer jacketing materials, customized to your specific needs.
Find more information about our experience in laser medicine.
Additional benefits of LEONI's fiber optics include:
- Low noise and electromagnetic compatibility (EMC)
- High flexibility, resistance to abrasion, flexion and torsion, and capability for use in drag chains
- Resistance to tensile and compression forces
- Lightness and compactness
- Resistance to oils and chemicals
- Wipe-clean disinfection
- Sterilizability and autoclavability
- Skin-friendliness and biocompatibility according to USP Class VI and DIN ISO 10993
- UL- and CSA-certification or recognition
LEONI provides custom cables and assemblies, including high-performance flat cables, hybrid cables, fiber optic cables, space-saving miniature cables, measurement and control cables, and cable harnesses for a variety of medical imaging systems and treatment systems.